Nordic Walking is the fastest growing fitness activity in the world and is used by individuals, personal trainers, health clubs, physiotherapists, doctors and health promoters because it is highly effective, affordable and FUN!
This whole body enhanced walking activity
- Burns 46% more calories than ordinary walking
- Easy on the knees and joints
- Great for neck, back and shoulder problems
- Suitable for all levels of ability
What is Nordic Walking?
Originally from Finland, this enhanced total body version of ordinary walking is easy on the joints so can be enjoyed by everyone regardless of age or fitness level. This health-promoting activity uses around 25% more energy than regular walking, and is great for increasing energy, fitness, tone and a sense of wellbeing.
Nordic Walking uses poles in order to add two major benefits to walking:
- The use of poles means the upper body muscles are used as well as the legs
- The poles help to propel the walker along – this means you work harder than usual yet the support given by the poles makes it feel easier!
Nordic Walking technique MUST be learnt correctly if you are to get the most out of the activity – the full Health technique that ensures the whole body works efficiently is only taught by qualified instructors.